Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The Road to Hell is paved with good intentions

I had every intention to run 3 miles today. And, to actually RUN most of those 3, with a 1/4 mile warm up and a 1/4 mile cool down.

Alas, it was not to be.

And I am really buggered because I was off to such a good start! Miile 1 --> 13:09!! My best "warm up" time yet!! Mile 2 --> 12:05!!! I am SO close to breaking a full 12 minute mile!

It felt good. The new music I uploaded onto my MP3 player was perfect - kept me going, I was able to run at 5.3 for the entire length of "Anyway you want it" by Journey. Oh, and the song HOLIDAY by Green Day is perfect for running at about 5.0, incase anyone wants to know. I did my warm up walk, I hit my stride by the 3/4 mile mark and I was going to have my best run yet.

Then Mr. Stinky Bottom thwarted my plans. The child care gals called with desperate pleas to remove Mr. Stinky from the premesis - of course I had used our last diaper right before I left him to go for my run, so I had no other choice than to abandon my plans for the run of the season and tend to Mr. SB.

Oh well - my body just might thank me. I don't think I was doing the best job of listening to my head and was letting my ego rule the tread mill. Probably not a wise choice on my part!

But it felt so good at the time....

No comments: