Monday, January 22, 2007
The surgery took 9 minutes. NINE!!! WOW - talk about fast!! It took longer to get him under and back awake than it did to insert tubes!! He was supremely cranky for about 2 hours after, but fell asleep and woke up as my good ole' happy boy again!!
A boy who can now hear and will hopefully never have the pain of an ear infection again!!!
Sunday, January 21, 2007
Friday, January 19, 2007
Good advice, if you are a fan of the cult classic The Lost Boys. I am - love that movie - and remember very clearly that line.
I should know better. Terri can attest to the fact that I should know better!!! She and I were having a discussion the other day regarding weight, gains/losses and how all it would take is just one or two days of a tummy-thing to get me back where I'd like to be. She, smartly so, replied back quickly "Oh don't wish for that!!"
Its not that I actually wished for it, but heck, I put it "out there" for the forces of nature to take and run with!! Except they hit a target not of my intention - Christopher!!! I knew something was wrong last night when he did not want to eat and was fussy as all get-out. I'm now up to my elbows in laundry, my house smells like vomit, and I am, indeed, powerless.
I didn't necessarily invite in a vapire, but I think the Puke Fairy works off very similar rules of engagement.
Tuesday, January 16, 2007
We will schedule the surgery tomorrow. Hopefully by the end of next week, he will be the proud owner of 2 tiny little tubes that will bring enormous relief!
3. Your hair?
4. Your mother?
5. Your father?:
6. your favorite item?
7. Your dream last night?:
8. Your favorite drink?
9. Your dream car?
10. The room you are in?
11. Your ex?
12. Your fear?
13. What do you want to be in 10 years?
14. Who did you hang out with last night?:
15. What you're NOT?:
17. The last thing you did?:
18. What are you wearing?:
19. The last thing you ate?:
20. Your life?:
21. Your mood?
22. Your friends:
23. What are you thinking about right now?
24. Your car?
25. What are you doing at the moment?:
26. Your summer?:
27. What is on your tv?
29 Last time you cried?:
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
Best friend ..... I have several, including Angie, Liz, Vicki, Steve, Nicole, Shelley, Nancy, Terri and too many others to mention.
Cake or pie ..... Hands down - Cake.
Drink of choice ..... Fresca, or a good draft beer.
Essential item I use everyday ..... computer or cell phone - both essential.
Favorite Color ..... moss green
Gummy bears or worms ..... Yuck, neither
Hometown ..... Avon, CT
Indulgence ..... Wow... too many to mention! Chocolate, earings, handbags....
January or February ..... January. Month of new beginnings, my birthday, Matthew's birthday...
Kid's names ..... Charles Parker (called Parker, I'm from CT not the south) Matthew, Christopher. If I had girls not boys, Taylor, Elizabeth, Ashely.
Life is incomplete without ..... Sleep or coffee!
Marriage ..... Yes
Number of siblings ..... none
Oranges or apples ..... Apples
Phobias or fears ..... snakes, cancer, falling from a height of more than a foot, my children being hurt.
Quote ..... "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt" Abraham Lincoln
Reason to smile ..... hearing my kids laughter.
Season ..... Fall, followed closely by spring. Summer and winter are too extreme for me.
Tagging .... Terri, Bren, Angie, Vicki,
Unknown fact about me ..... Little known fact?? I'm distantly related to William Faulkner and James Buchanan.
Veggie I don't like ..... Cauliflower
Worst Habit ..... Procrastination
Xrays ..... lately? Of teeth. Specifically one I managed to crack straight through.
Your favorite food ..... Chinese
Zodiak ..... Capricorn
Sunday, January 07, 2007
Yet, from the mouth of my babe came a glimmer of hope. A small utterance that gives me cause to smile. Perhaps, just maybe, there will be someone in this house who really understands me. Someone who won't laugh at "another bag" or marvel at how it can take me 14 wardrobe changes to find something to wear. I'm still hoping all my sons will bring home wives, so don't go there, but I had to smile at Christopher's first word. Ok - well the first one was DADDY. So this would be his second word. It was a tune to my ears...
With clarity and determination... Christopher looked over at his closet and said "SHOE". He's not yet 17 months, and he understands the delight and value of a SHOE. Finally - something I can relate to!!
Monday, January 01, 2007
Today is not only the first day of a new year, it is the first day of MY new year. I'm a New Years' baby, so today is my birthday. I am pushing every so quickly toward 40, and there's a lot I want to do before I get there. In an effort to not let myself down, I hereby decree the following goals for myself this year...
- To run in (3) 5K's between now and the time school is out in June. By then it will be too hot anyway to run outside without dying. I've looked up the ones I want to do - 1 in Feb, 2 in March and 1 in April.
- To get in at least 210 minutes per week of exercise. This equates to 30 minutes a day. If my runs take me about 30 minutes, I'm golden. Admittedly, this may be a bit far reaching, but heck... nothing ventured, nothing gained. Or, actually, lost in this case... I'm thinking inches here...
- Which brings me to this one - be back in a size I'm happy with by summer. IF I can do #1 and 2, then this should be a breeze.
- Focus a bit more on my photography. I have had a good run lately with clients, so now I need to keep it going!! I may actually TAKE the photography courses I've been looking into for the last 3 years now.
- Get certified to teach regular ed and get my Counselors certificate. May as well keep as many doors open for myself in the "teaching" realm as possible.
- Read more. I have a shelf full of books that are begging to be read. Some trashy, some more erudite, all gathering dust.
- Play more. I mean the "get down on the floor and giggle till I practically pee myself'" play. I don't do nearly enough of that. Christopher LOVES it - the bigger boys do too, but are just too cool to tell me so!!
So, tag - what are your resolutions for this year? Come on - put them down - OWN THEM... then we can hold each other accountable...
Happy New Year everyone!!