Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Getting old aint' for sissies!

Well, if the fact that we look strickingly similar is not enough to convince folks that I AM my mother's daughter, I have started experiencing one of the family traits right on schedule! I am getting a friendly case of arthritis in my right index finger. Exactly where my mother got it first. Exactly where my grandmother got it first. yipee...

I was more sore than I'd expected to be after yesterday's jaunt at the gym, so I decided to shake my routine up and go back to the elliptical. No jarring motions, no impact - my knees are thanking me, but my shins still ache. (BTW - 30 minutes, 2.5 miles, for the three of you who might be interested in such mundane facts!)

I've started creaking and cracking more. Maybe is the dry air. Maybe its that I am pushing 40 with amazing speed. Yowza - need to keep reminding myself that even though I feel like I am still about 19, in actuality this old bod has quite a few more miles on it and needs to be treated with more gentle gloves...

Like, more visits to the steam room... Yeah - that's the ticket!

No comments: