Saturday, July 08, 2006

The end, or the beginning, is getting closer...

Summer. Yesterday marked the end of week 4 since school got out. We have about 5 weeks left. It seemed like it would be a very long summer, but now, well, not so much!!

Parker celebrated his birthday in royal style! He got to choose what we did, what we ate, where we ate - he felt like a king!

He wanted to see CARS. So, we went to the 10am showing at a theater we don't typically visit... there were 6 people, including the 3 of us (Christopher doesnt count) in the theater. The kids got to move around and have fun and dance when the music was good - they loved it!

We then met friends at Chuck E Cheese for lunch/cake/playtime. It was my friend Kathleen from my old MOPS group and her kids - her youngest and Parker share a birthday so we have celebrated with them together for 4 years now.

Needless to say, I did not make it to the gym! Not Thursday...

Friday, however... The kids went to Movie Maddness, meaning they are totally entertained for about 2 hours so I can work out, do the steam room and take a shower, all of which I did. The workout included 45 minutes on the Elliptical and about 15 minutes of weights. I tried to run - did about 3/4 of a mile on the treadmill, but the legs would have none of it, so I abandoned my aspirations and gave my legs a break.

Today I went expecting to do 2 miles all total. Well, the leg-gods were on my side today because I felt good and actually ran 2 miles in one stretch, with a 1/2 mile warm up and a 1/2 mile cool down.

Lets see if I can move tomorrow!

No comments: