Tuesday, April 25, 2006

meme du jour, ala Nancy

Again, if you are reading this, consider yourself tagged and pay along...

6 wierd things about me. Only 6?? Gosh - which ones do I choose??

1. My students will tell you that I have a thing for sharp pencils. Actually, I hate pencils and would prefer the kids use pen, but the world has not come around to my way of thinking and the arcane practice of using pencils prevailed so I insist they use sharp ones. Dull pencils to me are the visual sister to nails down the no-longer-useful chalkboard.

2. I won't eat anything that has two shells. Bivalves... uck! Clam chower - now that I will eat, but you will find a nice pile of clams at the bottom of my bowl.

3. I talk with my hands. I blame it on my Italian heritage, but if you consider that I am maybe 1/32 Italian, thent he arguement holds little water. Nonetheless, this gets even more pronounced if I am excited or trying to remember something. I think I must mimic a propeller.

4. I've been known to break into song in the middle of class, especially if a student has the gaul to ask what an adverb is, or a conjunction... Sing it with me - Conjunction-junction, what's your function?? Hookin' up words and phrases and clauses....

5. My dogs are my children, and have all rights and privleges of the two legged members of the family.

6. I am the only child of two only children and have no understanding of nor tolerance for sibling rivalry. I just don't get it - and probably never will - and my kids are just going to have to work with me on this one!

No comments: