Monday, June 30, 2008

Wow - a week has gone by already?

I'd love to say that its been a whirlwind of activity around here, that we've been up to this and that and done so much, but it would be a big ole' lie... Swimming, tutoring, going to the gym *not as often as I should*, fighting heat-related headaches, trying to not melt into the pavement and trying to keep the boys from killing each other about sums it up. Oh, we also saw WALL-E yesterday. Very cute - highly recommend. Loved by all!

Last year we, as in the State of Arizona, broke a record. 33 days of heat in excess of 110*. It took us all summer to break that record.

This year, so far, we have already had 15 days over 110* and we have not reached the "hottest part of the year" yet. Oh, Goodie.

Hopefully, by the time many of you read this, I will have a new website up and running for my photography. It took nearly all weekend to create the site, most of that time being frustrated that my iMac and my iTunes wanted nothing whatsoever to do with the MP3 format the site needed for music. It was on Sunday morning that I was very thankful we were not an all-Mac family. Steve's PC saved the day!! Please - check to see if the link is live and then let me know what you think of the site.

The boys also had a swim meet on Saturday morning. If we could combine the talents of the two boys, Michael Phelps would have a good competitor... Parker is fast and sleek but his diving into the pool is comical at best. Matthew can dive in like a pro, but lacks the instinct to 'go for the gold' as it were, and struggles with the race itself.

It would be easier for the kid if he did not have to race against his brother. In more ways than one, its a killer for him. Ego-smashing, and all that...

You may have noticed a new 'feed' to the right of the blog. This is my new addiction - TWITTER. It's sort of like blogging-lite. So now, when I have neither the time nor the motivation for a full, no-holes-barred blog session, you can still follow what we are doing by reading the "tweets" I leave. Cool, huh?

You can also check out my marathon reading efforts of late. I rarely have time to read during the school year, so for the last three years or so, I keep a list of all the books I want to read, and then I plow through them in the summer. I have lost track of how many I have read so far this year, but Stephenie Meyer's books (all 4 of them) were fantastic and I anxiously await both the release of the latest in the TWILIGHT series as well as the movie version of TWILIGHT in December.

1 comment:

Mishka said...

Hey Sam! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your new site! Fantastic! I still can't believe that we haven't gotten together for dinner and drinks! Thank goodness for your blog - the easiest way for me to keep up with the Jensens!