Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Trying to get back on the wagon

For a brief moment in time, there, I was becoming a running addict. I know - ME?? RUNNING??? Surely, you jest!!

Well, I don't jest, and don't call me Shirely! () Yes. That was me - waddling down the street nearly every morning, clocking in 3 or 4 miles. I'm not fast, and I don't go tremendously far, but I was getting OUT THERE, MAN!!

Then it stopped. I don't know when, exactly, but I am sure my little Nike+ Gizmo could tell me when I logged my last run. Suffice it to say, it was a while ago. Allergies kicked my tush BIG time, and huffing & puffing in the wee hours of the morning is the WORST thing to do for allergies. I tried running at night - not the same.

Then I was plagued with a few annoying aches and pains that had me walking around like I was 90. Surely, you don't want to run when walking is proving to be dangerous.

So I made a commitment to myself.... I said, "Self, you HAVE to start DOING something". So I took my annoyed-at-myself self to the gym yesterday. I did 2.25 miles on the treadmill and lifted some weights in a futile attempt to rid myself of the flags I see waving at me whenever I try to wave at someone or erase the whiteboard at school.

And what was my reward for a job well done at the gym? If you follow my blog at all, you will probably see what is coming....

Yes - a migraine that not only left me incapacitated for the majority of the afternoon, but has managed to linger around until this morning.

I tell ya - My brain wants me to be healthy, but the dang body is fighting me every step of the way!!

No comments: