Tuesday, November 21, 2006

POP goes the ego...

I made Schooner a very happy puppy today and took her for a quick walk/jog. We covered about 2.5 miles when all was said and done, and it felt good. The air was just cool enough without freezing the tips of my ears or my fingers.

It has been a while since I've done any running at all - life and illness have burst apart all the best of intentions. I figured that I should take it easy today since this was the first time out since being so sick over the weekend. We walked the first 1.25 mile to my usual stopping point, and when it was time to turn around I broke into a nice slow jog.

Felt good... and the more steps I took, the better it felt! As I was heading down the "home stretch" (which is ever-so-slightly downhill) I started picking up the pace, and it felt really good... I'm feeling all proud of myself, moving at a good clip down the street, dragging the poor pooch behind me...

Until...

On my right comes this runner... chiseled and toned without an ounce of extra fat on him, who passes me like I am standing still.

Ho hum.... well maybe someday I will be a true "Runner"... someday...

No comments: