Monday, November 20, 2006

Good news, bad news

The bad news... I was hit with the flu something awful this weekend. Could NOT get out of bed except to become all to familiar with our bathroom. Have not been that sick in a year when I was hit with a very similar flu exactly at this time last year.

The good news? I dropped 6 pounds in a day and got to a "low" I have not seen in over 2 years. Being sick has to have a silver lining somewhere, right?

The good news: The flu seemed to last exactly 24 hours and then disappeared as quickly as it arrived.

The bad news: Some of those 6 pounds will inevitably find me again, probably by today. Drat!

Reminds me of my friend Nancy's siggy line... "I'm just one good stomach virus away from my goal weight!!"

Yeah - its kind of like that.

1 comment:

Bren said...

One of my favorite lines ever! I hope some of that weight stays off after you had to go through all that.