Friday, November 17, 2006

Its been a while!

I used to blog daily.

I used to do a lot of things, daily. Somehow "life" seems to be getting in the way of a lot of my daily activities. It's getting kind of annoying!

I guess one of my excuses for not writing more is that there really is not a whole lot going on. There's the endless din of chaos from school (albeit softer now) and the cacophony of sounds that is my house... (as can be expected with 3 boys in residence) and among it all, things are staying rather status-quo.

I'm thinking that's a good thing....

On the "you had to do WHAT??!!" front... we had to take our bird to the vet on Monday. His little left foot was just dangling there, and he was not able to move it. He was no crankier than usual, but something was clearly wrong, so we piled in the car - me, the three boys, a limp bird and a lame dog... what a sight we were!!

They had to x-ray the birds leg. Now someone tell me, how on earth does one actually get a rather twerked off bird to hold STILL long enough to get an x-ray? I'm not sure I want to know the answer to that one, but the Vet came out with his little x-ray in hand to show us that, clearly, the bird's leg was broken.

I think I might have been able to ascertain that one all on my own, without my x-ray vision.

Nonetheless, the bird has some very pricey photos of its leg to show its grandkids, and a splint on its damaged leg.

Wanna see a really pissed off pigeon?? Put his leg in a cast!! (ok, CeCe is not a pigeon, but rather a cute cockatiel, but pissed off cockatiel was lacking the alliteration that makes the first statement fun to say...)

Since he was already wearing his bullet- and Kryptonite-proof vest, the vet also took pictures of Maddy's leg.

Not so good.. she has lesions on her leg, right near the elbow. We don't know why... could be valley fever, or bone cancer. Let's hope its the first one - she's the world's most perfect dog. She is our first child, the daughter I will never have, the smartest canine on the planet with the patience of a saint (as evidenced by Christopher literally crawling over her in the vet's office and her just looking at me, with pleading in her eyes to make him stop) The thought of loosing her makes me literally sick. I know it will happen someday... I'd just like to wait until we actually grow to LIKE Schooner before we have to have her as our only Berner.... (we love her, but she still eats things. Like an entire pumpkin pie, Peanut Butter and Fluff sandwiches, the moulding on the baseboards....)

No comments: