Sunday, October 16, 2005

Things I've learned about myself from biking...

1. I am more of a control freak than I realized.. I just HAVE to know how far I've gone...
2. Hills, even the slightest incline, makes a huge difference in how I ride.
3. Going down hill is far better for my ego that going up hill, though far less so for my heart and waist.
4. Climbing the stairs after I get home from a 45 minute ride is difficult.
5. Going down those same stairs is nearly impossible.
6. I love that I can just go... me, my music, my trusty Trek and some water. Who knows where we will go, who knows when we will be back... It is really freeing.
7. I've got a long way to go before I look like those packs of Tour-de-France wanna be's that whizz by me like I am standing still.
8. The scale is not my friend. (It has not budged in 4 weeks)
9. The scale is NOT the best indicator at how my progress toward better health is going.
10. I love that I am doing this for ME. This may be the only thing I do just for ME for quite a while... 3 kids, a FT job and DH, Ya' Know...

No comments: