Monday, October 03, 2005

Rabbit, Rabbit

The fact that I started this post two days ago, ON October 1st, shows that things are moving rather quickly here... or, more accuratly, when Christopher is awake, he is wanting attention... a lot!

I've been thinking about a lot of things lately - luck, attention, the status-quo. Let's start with attention...

About 3 or 4 days ago, Matthew became destructo-boy again.. This was a role he played, and played very well, when he was about 2. It started with his artistic rendition of toothpaste. His canvas?? The bathroom counter and mirror. Then, he takes scissors to something I thought he'd considered sacred - a Thomas book. Then, I found that he had drawn on the refridgerator with a marker... At least it wasnt permanent... I've learned my lesson about Sharpie Markers in my house!

When I asked him if he felt he needed attention, or if Mom and Dad were not spending enough time with him (after I calmed down and the urge to put him in a straight jacket waned) and he said that he felt lonely, I knew we had to do something. So, Matthew got some 1:1 time with Gilly... He went over to her house Saturday night (and was SO excited to go!) for a special dinner, to spend the night and then have breakfast out... It went perfectly!! Not only did Matthew have someone attending to only him, but my mom got to see the side of Matt that we know is there, but that is sometimes hard to reach... Its the same side that Dad saw in DC... and both my parents loved him more deeply after this revelation.

Luck... Find a penny, pick it up, all day long, you'll have good luck...

We went to the USC pep rally on Friday night here in Scottsdale. My beloved Trojans were here to play ASU, and so I just HAD to take the boys to hear the band play. Really, nothing more inspiring that listening to that band... and the boys loved it! We were not going to actually go to the game, as it would be over 100* in the stadium, and had planned to watch at a local watering hole with a big screen TV. Well, it wasn't looking to good at half-time.

We decide to go home and watch the rest from the comfort of our own home. Parker finds a penny in the parking lot, and well, as you can see from the score, we came back from an 18 point deficit to win by 10. Coincidence??

On the workout front - I've managed to follow in Nancy's sneakers... I hurt my knee running, which sounds utterly pathetic because I was only able to do 2 .25 mile sprints at my "best" lately... and now I must go back to the beginning and try to nurse my injured knee. DRAT!

So, does anyone know what the Rabbit Rabbit title means?? If not, you can check here... But its something I was introduced to back in High School and my friend Angie reminded me of earlier this year. Chaulk this one up to another superstition, or is it like the penny in the parking lot??

No comments: