Sunday, October 09, 2005

Road Warrior, extraordinaire...

It is finally a lovely day here in the desert. Our high will be somewhere in the mid to upper 80's, and that's a little slice of heaven after the summer we've endured!

I took advantage of the weather, decided to forego the gym and hit the road - along with my trusty, and slightly rusty, mountain bike. The wind whirled in my ears, the breezes kept me cool, and the road ahead was straight (and, luckily, very flat!!)

I think I covered about 8 miles. I completed my usual 3-mile walk/run course in about 15 minutes, so I guess that my 40 minute ride took me around 8 miles of my neighborhood. I think I have found a good route, and if my legs actually allow me to stand tomorrow, I may do it again.

Of course, now I am already spending mental money - I need a good water bottle, I'd love to have my odometer/spedometer fixed, the bike needs a good tune up and probably new tires, and how much fun would it be to have a carrier/trailer on the back and we could go biking as a family.... the list goes on and on and on...

No comments: