Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Things that bring me happiness...

When it rains, it pours, right?  At first I wondered how I would find time for 5 posts in 10 days and here I am posting 2 posts per topic.   If you are here from Momalom, welcome, and thanks for visiting.  If you are here from a random drop in, welcome, and please go visit MOMALOM.COM to see what this is all about...

Things that bring me happiness...

Sleeping in
the sound of my boys, playing and laughing
the perfect iced latte
a good pair of well fitting jeans
sitting on the couch with husband after kids are in bed and WE get the TV for once!

When a student 'gets it' finally
when a coworker commends me on what I am doing
when a coworker likes my lesson and wants to borrow the idea
when I get my paper work all done
a clean desk

Finding money on a pocket
hearing Oldest play the bass
watching Oldest pitch
watching Middle play with leggos and build fort knox
watching youngest read out loud to the dog

The unexpected hug from a boy who looks like me
a person holding the door for me
finding no line at starbucks
a good pedicure
re-reading over chapters of my book that I've finished


Its the simple things in life that bring me joy, that make me smile.  If we focus on these things, the big things will take care of themselves.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love love love this.

There is nothing like the sound of my boys playing together. I can ease drop on them for hours (unfortunately it doesn't last for hours)

I am currently enjoying the TV by myself tonight. What a treat!