Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Total Exhaustion

I'm beat. There are still 14 days to go (or is it 13? brain cloud... unsure...) before school lets out and on days like today I seriously wonder if I will make it without collapsing and expiriing right there on the spot.

And, you know, I get it that it could be SO much worse. I have been following Kathy's blog for months now. She is younger than I am and battling breast cancer and chemo and radiation and surgery and more chemo and on and on and on. There's a gal who has every right in the world to be exhausted. She is amazing, and brave and luckily on the upswing from chemo and I feel like I don't have the proverbial pot to piss in, let alone a window to through it out of when it comes to complaining about being tired.

And yet. This is me. Complaining again.... I am tired straight through to my bones. My skin and toenails hurt. My poor brain is going about 14 different directions at once, between school stuff and kid stuff and house stuff and moving stuff and job stuff. So when a coworker came into my room today to complain about me to me, well, I didn't take too kindly to it. I am proud of myself - I didn't lash back out at this person and let her have the small piece of my barely functioning mind that I wanted to toss at her. I restrained myself. Today.

Tomorrow - well, lets just hope I get a good nights' sleep for once so I don't end up in the klink for justifiable homicide.

No comments: