Thursday, July 26, 2007

Same Old, Same Old...

There's not much happening in the land of Jensenville. The boys continue with swim practice daily, Chris is still making Napping an Olympic sport and I play both clean-up crew and referee with style, if not much grace lately.

There are 17 days until school begins. Where the time has gone is anybody's guess. We've had a nice repreive lately, weather-wise, as our Monsoonal patterns have actually developed this year. We have not seen temps over 100 for the last 5 days or so, which is a welcomed relief! What is odd, though, is that our humidity levels are higher than those in Minnesota!! Its been downright sticky lately... but I will gladly take that over searing heat. Yes - most of the time it may be a "dry heat" but then again, so is a forest fire...

I've been logging on average 20 activity points for the last several weeks... this means, approximately, 5 hours of physical activity, or 20 miles per week. I ran my personal best yesterday on the treadmill.... 4 miles in 48:04. My last PB was 40:40, so I shaved "36 off my time. Was pleased to be able to finish up the last .3 miles at a 6.0 pace. My friend Terri normally runs at that pace - and sprints at an 8.0. In my dreams, maybe... but she's good inspiration!!

Christopher has learned to "sing" lately. Its adorable, if not a bit hard on the ears. He is also beginning to recognize numbers, and has 3,4,5, and 6 down cold! Matthew lost his other front top tooth and really looks like a tooth-less wonder as the other top tooth has not really started coming in yet. No corn on the cob for Matt, for a while!! Parker continues to amaze us with his talents for both swimming and baseball. We've littered our neighbors back yards with fly-balls and need to wait until they return from vacation to retreive them.

It seems like things don't really change much around here. Perhaps that's a good thing...

No comments: