We hit our first 100* day on Thursday at 2:12 pm. It is stunning the difference between, say, 94* and 100*. Its getting icky hot and its only going to get hotter and more miserable from here on out.
This is actually early for us. Our average temperatures are not supposed to be in the triple digits just yet. We are supposed to be in the low to mid 90's right now. The 100+ temps are supposed to wait until the END of May or even the start of June.
No one told that to good ole' Mother Nature. Or they did and she really didn't give a damn.
So here we are, now needing to worry about seat belts burning skin, cars that become warm (hot) enough to cook a batch of cookies while you go shopping, always needing to wear shoes so you don't burn your feet, and drinking the equivalent of the pool daily to avoid dehydration.
On a different note - would someone please sign me up for a lobotomy? I think I seriously need to have this old brain of mine worked on. I've made the decision this week to NOT take the job at Desert Canyon Elementary and to stay working at the Middle school. I know - all I've done is moan and complain. But - some signs that I may not have totally lost my sanity -
1) the crazy-crazy lady at the helm is going to Apache Junction.
2) the old curmudgeon side kick is retiring
3) my elem principal will now govern the whole school
4) my friend Nicole, whose class I've been in all year co-teaching with is now staying and NOT moving to another campus
5) I really liked looping up with my kids this year.
6) the remaining staff are really laying it on thick for me to stay, too.
I guess the saying is true... Never say Never.