Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A backwards approach

When I was a little kid, often times I had trouble falling asleep. No big shocker there - I still do! Poor Steve is married to the world's lightest sleeper, who suffers from random and long stretching bouts with insomnia. As a kid, my mom had a good remedy (no; not a hot totty before bed!) and told me to lay with my head at the foot of the bed. There is no medical data to support her theory but in my house, it worked! To this day, if she has trouble sleeping, she will try to lay with her head at the foot of the bed, and while I have not completely abandoned the practice, I am more apt to just give in and grab the Tylenol PM bottle.

At any rate, today I ran backwards. Not ME backwards, but my route. Normally I run a route that has me going up Shea Boulevard headed East. Now, for those of you not from here, that means an ever-so-slight UPHILL run. The ever-so-slight part only really feels slight when one is in a car. When one is moving of his or her own power, the climb feels like I am scaling Camelback. So, today I went the other way. Can I just say that my 3.5 mile run was a breeze? Would it be cheating to run West on Shea from now on? Promise you wont' tell the running gods??

~*~*~*~*~

And on a completely different train of thought - some may wonder how I managed to run and blog during a time I am supposed to be at work, molding little minds into useful people. Steve was to appear in court today for a pre-trial hearing regarding the accident from October, so I being the devoted, loving and supportive wife that I am took the day off to be with him in his hour of need.

I get to do it all over again in about 3o days, because despite the CITY determining the court date and telling US when to arrive, THEY were not ready to proceed.

Can't you just hear the gears of efficiency grinding to a halt? Tax dollars put to good use, I tell ya'!

No comments: