Monday, January 01, 2007

7 Resoultions for '07

Today is not only the first day of a new year, it is the first day of MY new year. I'm a New Years' baby, so today is my birthday. I am pushing every so quickly toward 40, and there's a lot I want to do before I get there. In an effort to not let myself down, I hereby decree the following goals for myself this year...

  1. To run in (3) 5K's between now and the time school is out in June. By then it will be too hot anyway to run outside without dying. I've looked up the ones I want to do - 1 in Feb, 2 in March and 1 in April.
  2. To get in at least 210 minutes per week of exercise. This equates to 30 minutes a day. If my runs take me about 30 minutes, I'm golden. Admittedly, this may be a bit far reaching, but heck... nothing ventured, nothing gained. Or, actually, lost in this case... I'm thinking inches here...
  3. Which brings me to this one - be back in a size I'm happy with by summer. IF I can do #1 and 2, then this should be a breeze.
  4. Focus a bit more on my photography. I have had a good run lately with clients, so now I need to keep it going!! I may actually TAKE the photography courses I've been looking into for the last 3 years now.
  5. Get certified to teach regular ed and get my Counselors certificate. May as well keep as many doors open for myself in the "teaching" realm as possible.
  6. Read more. I have a shelf full of books that are begging to be read. Some trashy, some more erudite, all gathering dust.
  7. Play more. I mean the "get down on the floor and giggle till I practically pee myself'" play. I don't do nearly enough of that. Christopher LOVES it - the bigger boys do too, but are just too cool to tell me so!!

So, tag - what are your resolutions for this year? Come on - put them down - OWN THEM... then we can hold each other accountable...

Happy New Year everyone!!

1 comment:

angie s. said...

tHappy Birthday Sam!!!!!!

My goals for 2007:

1)get to District Manager with Arbonne within the next 6mo. I should be getting a new consultant this week!!!! That makes 4 for me. I want to add 5 more consultants focused on team building this year.

2)join a gym. I have always been (err, was) an excersize freak. I might not need to be as over the top as I once was, but would love to get toned up again.

3)become more involved in Evan's school, and venture/explore new kids fun places on his days off rather than our old haunts.

4)every day take note of the things I am thankful for, and attempt to keep negative people/vibes from raining on my sunny day

5)grow my nails...this has been a resolution of mine since I was 13!
all good things for 2007!

Love, Angie