Sunday, January 07, 2007

Things 3 sons will bring....

When you are the mother of 3 boys, some things you will never enjoy. You will never get to put ribbons in your little girl's hair, or watch her dance with her daddy in Mary Janes over the holidays. There will be no dolls, no castles, no makeup, no one who understands the beauty of retail therapy.

Yet, from the mouth of my babe came a glimmer of hope. A small utterance that gives me cause to smile. Perhaps, just maybe, there will be someone in this house who really understands me. Someone who won't laugh at "another bag" or marvel at how it can take me 14 wardrobe changes to find something to wear. I'm still hoping all my sons will bring home wives, so don't go there, but I had to smile at Christopher's first word. Ok - well the first one was DADDY. So this would be his second word. It was a tune to my ears...

With clarity and determination... Christopher looked over at his closet and said "SHOE". He's not yet 17 months, and he understands the delight and value of a SHOE. Finally - something I can relate to!!

No comments: