Monday, September 04, 2006

Looking for answers to questions that bothered her so...

Sorry Jimmy... It was either that or "A Mom by any other car is still a Mom".

We took a BIG HUGE plunge yesterday.

The Odyssey, my faithful carrier of children and junk with the occasional dog thrown in for good measure, has started to really tick me off. I added it up - over the last 13 months, we've put over $2,000 into it, including working on the electrical system the A/C system, a new transmission, new brakes, several tires.... and now it needed at least another $1000 in work - and that's just what we knew was wrong with it. (automatic side doors aren't automatic anymore, back windsheild wiper is hanging limply from its axis, brakes are squeaking and crunching - and that can't be a good thing...)

I love that car... like I said, its been faithful and taken good care of my brood.

But it was starting to nickel and dime us to DEATH. Yes - it was paid for, therefore no car payments to need to budget in, but still...

Are you ready for this??

We went back to Volkswagon. Steve and I now have (Please know, NOT ON PURPOSE) matching VW"s in the driveway - right down to the color. I got a Passat wagon and I L-O-V-E it... Bells and whistles, smaller, drives like a dream...

So, I started thinking - I do have some pangs of guilt about not driving a minivan. Afterall - now, its just US that can fit in my car. I've lost the ability to tow another 2 people around with me, unless they want to hunker down in the back.

Isn't a mom supposed to drive a minivan, or at least an SUV nowadays?? Isn't a wagon so, like, from our MOTHERS' generation??

I guess I need to find a hat to eat somewhere...

I swore all of the following:

I will NEVER drive a VOLVO... what did we buy when I found out I was pregnant? A Volvo Wagon.

I will NEVER drive a Minivan... What did we buy when I found out I was pregnant again> A Honda Odyssey...

I will NEVER drive a Stationwagon (again)... yeah, I know...

On a totally different topic, Following the blog invite on Nancy's blog, I have added my own "What people envy about you". Its cute - check it out... then let me know what I should envy about you.

People Envy Your Compassion

You have a kind heart and an unusual empathy for all living creatures. You tend to absorb others' happiness and pain.
People envy your compassion, and more importantly, the connections it helps you build. And compassionate as you are, you feel for them.

No comments: