Sunday, September 24, 2006

How did this happen??

We went to Tucson yesterday to meet up with my college roomie of 2 years and her family. We'll just ignore the fact that this is only my 2nd trip to Tucson in the pushing 6 years I've lived in Arizona, and say that I was very thankful for the portable DVD player I got for the boys or the entire 130 mile trip would have been punctuated with a chorus of "Are we there yet?"

At what point do you get to the age where you see your old friends and realize just how much you've changed (read, aged)?? I have not seen Carrie for, gosh, at least 3 years, if not more like 4+... and I swear we look just like we did in college. Her hair is a bit shorter, neither of us has time to do our nails like we used to, and if you look close you will see some creases by the corners of our eyes, but other than that, we look the same... truly...

So, we look the same, we don't feel any older... would someone then please tell me how THIS happened to us???



In fact, we started adding it up.. Carrie (3), me (3), my friends Vicki (3), and Ken (3) and Kellee (3), all of whom were at SC with me, and all had 3 kids... that's 15 kids under the age of 8. Won't homecoming be a loud event if we all show up!!

No comments: