Thursday, August 03, 2006

Workout Wrapup

Its Thursday, and I took today off.

I've been to the gym, since my last post over a week ago, Wed, Thu, Fri, Mon, Tue, Wed so I think I can take today and not feel too guilty.

I met with a trainer on Friday. I'd been absent from the gym for so long during the winter/spring that I got a "We will help you get back into your routine by giving you three sessions with a trainer" letter so it took a while, but I finally took them up on the offer.

By Saturday, I could not move. I was proud of what I was able to do, however... but I hurt in places I didn't even know about the next day...

Took the weekend to recoup.

Monday - Ran again - did 4 miles on the treadmill. Shins were OK - not great, not really bad, just more achey than anything so I ignored them and was able to finish 4 miles in about 52 minutes. Of course, this included a lot of walking, but still..

Then I did the elpitical Tuesday, covering 3.5 miles, and yesterday I hit the bike (the upright one, not the recumband) for 12 miles.

I meet with the trainer again tomorrow. God help my poor Glutes!!

No comments: