Thursday, January 21, 2010

Insanity is heriditary; you get it from your kids.

This saying always made me laugh.  My mother had one of those little embroidered pillows with this saying on it that she kept in her bedroom. It was not until I had children of my own that I realized just how true those words are!

I ask myself frequently, why am I completely exhausted by the time I get to work.  I go through my morning step by step; Coffee? Check.. Shower? Check.  Dressed? Check.  Kids up? Check.  Matthew's lunch count? Check. Beds made? Check.  I  manage to somehow get it all done, but why am I always rushing around like a madman on speed?  I get up at 6am, we don't have to leave until 7:55, so surely two hours is plenty of time, right?

Here is why I can not make it out of the house either on time, or with my sanity in tact.  Two days ago, I walk down to the kitchen after getting myself ready for school/work to find the following: Christopher still eating his breakfast, Parker dressed and watching TV, Matthew in his underwear, eating. He needs to get dressed, and cover for his breakfast, and find his shoes, and locate his back pack, and gather up what ever homework has been strewed all over the family room, and Chris still needs shoes and a jacket.

We have FOUR minutes until we need to leave the house. FOUR.  The boys were all up at 7am.  We are inches away from YOUMUSTBEREADYTOLEAVETHEHOUSENOW time, and only 1/3 of my children has the necessary tasks complete.

This is why I am crazy.  This is why I am considered a "bad witch" by the time I get to school.  It is heriditary.  I get it from THEM!

No comments: