Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A new project for a New Year

I'm really excited to start a new joint-venture project, with my friend Terri, at the start of 2009. The idea came from a post Terri had seen about two friends who lived at opposite ends of the country and shared a photo blog. You can see the book that resulted from their efforts HERE. Its a very cool idea, and both Terri and I have a love of photography so we thought it might be an interesting project for us as well. You can see our blog here. We hope to upload a photo (each of us, so 2 pictures per day) of something we see in our lives. I hope to refrain from the urge to photograph things like a messy sink or the dust bunnies that are larger than life, but no promises. Terri and I share so many commonalities, and yet our worlds are so different. This will be quite interesting... stay tuned!!

Christmas has come and gone, and the hours of 2008 are dwindling. I'm finally feeling better, thanks to the miracle of modern medicine, and can fully partake in enjoying the last week of vacation with the family. The house is still buried under Ghosts of Christmas Presents, but I think we have a much better handle on it all than we did a few days ago.

We have lots to look forward to in the start of 2009. First, is the visit of one of my oldest friends, Angie. The last time she was in Scottsdale, she and her husband were here for a potentially life-saving operation for their son, Evan. This time.. its all for fun!!! I'm an only child, but am blessed to have two women in my life that I consider to be my un-biological sisters.. and Angie is one of them.

Then, Steve's parents will hopefully arrive shortly after that. Warren is on full time oxygen now, after a nasty case of pneumonia compromised his lung function. They are still planning to drive and sound as though very little will stand in their way of coming out here!

And.... my own calendar turns with the annual one. When the door closes on 2008, it will also close on a decade for me. I turn 40 with the new year, and will honestly say that I am extremely excited about it. I can't put my finger on why, exactly - most women dread turning the big FOUR-OH... but I think it will be a blast.

I hope that you and yours have a most wonderful new year... that 2009 brings prosperity, health, laughter and love to us all ... in abundance.

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

No comments: