Friday, February 22, 2008

The washer ate my socks!

No... I mean literally. That most mystical, urban legend and oft-used explanation for why there are mis-matched socks in the pile of freshly dried laundry is true!! The cause of the malfunction was determined to be socks that wedged under some gasket-mechanism-thing-a-ma-jiggy. Glad I didn't have to pay for the service call! Nor do I understand why someone on the other end of the customer service line, either time I called, could have suggested I look under the gasket-thing-a-ma-jiggy to see if, perchance, the washer had gotten hungry and decided to prey upon helpless items of footwear.

We now have a working washer, and a new nifty little sack in which to wash said helpless items of footwear. We will see if I remember to USE it.

Other happenings; the pool is now fully functional. I would be delighted at this news if the air temperature was such that one wanted to go for a dip, or if the water in said pool was more than 8* above the freezing mark. Neither are true, so for now I will be glad in the appearance of my new, shiny pool. Knowing the men who live with me, I would suspect they will be swimming in it by April 1st. For me, I need to wait for the water to get to a respectable temperature; say, about 85*. Unfortunately, around here, by the time the pool gets warm enough for me, it is no longer cooling off in the evenings, so the water goes from "tolerable" to "its a bath-tub" in about a week. Such is life in the desert.

No comments: