Friday, August 03, 2007

Oh, Darling, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me?

Oh, dear friend, Starbucks... has it come to this?? Why, oh why, after years of a faithful and loving relationship, must it come to this?? The pain, the sorrow.... the aching of my stomach after a grande carmel frappachino is more than I can bear...

I've come to the realization that I cannot enjoy Starbucks anymore. Oh, let me rephrase - I enjoy - I just pay for it twice. Once, at the counter and then for hours later. I came upon this realization with clarity yesterday, but if I am honest with myself and my 3 readers, I've been suspicious of this issue for a while.

In an effort to be a tad more frugal, I stopped going (daily) so frequently before school was out in June. I've walked into a Starbucks probably 5 times since then, most often deciding on a tea-based lemonaide. The two times that I decided to get "a little something with caffiene", I have majorily regretted it later.

At least I will save both time ane money by skipping my trip to Fourbucks before school. There IS something to be said for that, at least!!

No comments: