Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Road to Recovery

Wouldn't it figure that everyone but the Mom is doing just fine today? I went to work, and felt pretty good this morning, but by lunch time I was fading fast. I knew I put a small sofa in my classroom for a reason - it made for a nice napping spot after lunch.

Tomorrow is the last day of school. I've been counting toward this day for the last 178 days of school. I honestly think the teachers need summer more than the kids at this point. I know I said it last year, but this has been a particularly tough year. Even our veteran teachers are looking peaked and haggard.

I have packed up my room with the hope that I find a better job over the summer. I won't move everything home, as that would ensure to the gods of fate that I would certainly return to my school.... but if I do "have" to move classrooms, at least its just a pick-up-and-go situation.

No comments: