We've been/done/experienced a lot over the last month. Here's a quick, random, ADD moment filled rundown...
- Kids at school are basically checked out from the day after Thanksgiving break ends until we reconvene in January. Why we have school at all during that time is beyond me. Germs pass like wildfire, and the kids' brains have all gone haywire, and it leaves teachers planning Holiday festivities down to the last wire...
- We discovered Maddy has cancer. Osteosarcoma in her right leg. Strangely enough, her 1/2 brother had the same cancer in the same leg. We choose the same route his humans choose - we amputated her leg. It was brutal to see - but she's up and around and happy and without pain so as of this writing, I'd say it was worth it.
- All 3 kids were sick for Christmas. With any luck we will be healthy long enough to enjoy time off before we have to head back to work and school.
- The most obnoxious kids in school give the lousiest gifts at holiday time - if they actually "gift" at all.
- Our cockatiel had to have his leg re-casted. Finally got the cast off today. He no longer looks like a parrot in search of a pirate to sit upon...
- Evidently my address book is woefully out of date - I have gotten back a very large number of Christmas cards this year.
- We've watched "Without Limits", the Steve Prefontaine story, a few times so far this winter, and the fact that he could run a 5K in the same time I can run a mile just boggles the mind.
- I have eaten terribly and exercised not-at-all and really need to change that PRONTO.
I hope you and yours had a merry, healthy, happy whatever-you-celebrate and that 2007 is the year of the shrinking waistlines, and expanding cardiac-output (meaning I need to get back out there and sign up for another 5k!)