Saturday, September 03, 2005

Why did the boy throw the clock out the window??

Because he wanted to watch time fly...

I'm not one to remember jokes often, but that one from my childhood has stuck with me. Doesn't the saying go that time is supposed to fly when you are having fun? I can't say this last month has been fun, but with the exception of one day, the last 4 or 6 weeks have flown by in a blur.

It dawned on me yesterday that it had been 4 weeks already since we said goodbye to Dad for the last time. While I am far less apt to break down at the mere thought of it, I still miss him terribly. In talking with Mom, it is only now starting to sink in for her. Its been just long enough for him to have been on a trip, and its time for him to come home. Only, he's gone to a different Home now.

Christopher is nearly 3 weeks old. Wasn't I just in labor yesterday?? All the feedings, diaper changes, and sleepless nights are just melding into one. Somewhere in there, Parker and Matthew started school. I think Steve's been away on at least one or two business trips, though I would not bet my last dollar on that fact!

And, in the air of remembering, yesterday marked the 7th anniversary of the SwissAir crash that took the lives of 215 people, included among them my second set of parents, Nancy & Don Lattimer. I was not even pregnant with Parker when that happened. It seems a lifetime ago, but the memory of getting the call is just as clear and heartbreaking as it was all those years ago. Since then, Liz (their daughter and my longest lasting friendship) and I have had 5 kids between us, have moved, more than once, and talk at least every other week, of not more!

Time keeps moving forward, through the good and the bad. Sometimes it scares me how fast it goes... My online friend Terri said that before we turn around, we will be celebrating our '99er's weddings. I fear she's right. Time just flies, and its all we can do to catch a glimpse of it and hold its images in our hearts and minds. Thank goodness for cameras~

1 comment:

Terri Milstead said...

...AND scrapbooks ;-)