Monday, January 05, 2009

S.N.A.F.U 1-6

You have either heard it, or you know what it means... it describes my first day back at school to a "T"...

Our school psychologist, who I really, really like, scheduled an uncharacteristically early meeting for this morning. 7:30 am (A dreadful time to be AT school) on the first day back from break.

Really?? Seriously?? S-E-R-I-O-U-S-L-Y???? Surely, you've got to be joking??

No, I am not joking, and don't all me Shirley!!

Anyway, as is typically for my time frame, we were still finishing all the testing we needed for this kid the afternoon of the last day of school. Admittedly, not the best planning... but you do what you can with what you are given, right?

I went in over break to score his tests, sent the scores to our Psych, and came home, knowing I could write this IEP from home. Our school district paid a ridiculous amount of money for an Internet-based program that will, in theory, make our lives easier. Except that it doesn't ... ever. Case in point was when I tried to log on from home. The website is a nice little link on my desktop on my work computer. Can't remember the website... and neither can anyone else.

Great. LOVELY... only solution is to get up and OUT of the house at O'Mygoditsearly so I can write the damn IEP and make it to the meeting.

Fine.. you do what you have to..

Only I get to school and... guess what... the servers were updated over break and NONE of my links work. NONE... I cannot access this kid's file nor can I write the document that is required for this meeting. CRAP! I decide I can only do what I can do, right? So I grab a blank front page so we can all sign for the fact that we were at a meeting without any documentation... and off I go.

And I wait.

And wait....

And the parent never shows... NEVER SHOWS UP!!!! We have now covered SNAFUs 1, 2 and 3...

More about SNAFUs 4, 5 and 6 tomorrow... stay tuned!

No comments: