Wednesday, November 07, 2007

A whole month again?? EEK!

Or, more specifically,

"BOO!!"
"EEEEK!!"

as Christopher has been saying lately.

On Halloween, I was going to dress up like a witch... You know, my normal attire with a broom?? Well, Steve was in a car accident on Halloween (and for the family reading, he's fine - car is not so fine, but Steve is fine other than a smooshed finger) and that sort of thwarted my plans to dress up. Instead, I took some little glittered-out words that I had purchased for the boys and affixed them to my cheek. One side said, oddly enough, BOO and the other side EEEK! Christopher found them to be utterly hysterical and will still poke at my cheeks where the stickers were and go BOO, EEEK! It is really way too adorable for words!

So, we've been traveling, mending broken cars and going on with our daily lives. I came home from CT on a Sunday, blogged, and then packed up to go to North Carolina by Saturday. We were going house hunting... or really more tire kicking, except we were test driving neighborhoods and houses rather than cars. (Test driving cars comes later in the month as we prepare for the possibility of needing to find a new car for Steve).

The long and the short of the trip: Great homes, friendly folks, way-cool beaches, great time had by all... but is it home? Yeah - not so much. Who knows... we are extremely ready to leave this God-forsaken-heat-island lovely desert landscape for literally greener pastures, but whether that is North Carolina or some other East-coast destination has yet to be determined. There is much to be said for lovely and affordable homes, but there is also quite a bit pulling me specifically back to a very familiar landscape where perhaps the homes are older and smaller, but there is just that intangible, undefinable "THING" pulling me back. Time will tell - there is much to do prior to thinking about WHERE to go. Small things, really... like selling this house in a awful, depressed, slumping slower market and finding jobs. Will keep y'all posted, I promise!

So, the car - it looks bad. I know I am a mere layman and have an understanding of where the gas goes, and where the washer fluid goes, and that's about it! But from my perspective, the car is a total loss. The front end met with a motorcycle going way the hell too fast, and trying to beat the red light. By truly some gentle hand of God reaching down, this man survived the accident - after taking the front of Steve's car off, practically, and then hitting another car and then being tossed 50 feet or so without a helmet! Steve walked away, the other driver walked away, and while the motorcycle rider did not walk away, he lived when all sense would have put him as a goner! So that is all very good, but now everything is in the hands of the insurance folks and let's just say that does not leave me with a warm and fuzzy feeling!! We have a rental - Steve is driving my car and I am driving a Kia Rondo.

Can I just say - its a great little vehicle!! I'm actually hoping the insurance guys call the Jetta a total loss, because I would love to get one of these- more room that the Passat - drives well.... and its pretty cheap!

As for the rest of us - we're doing well. Quite thankful that it was only steel and engines that were hurt... and now life goes in its constant forward motion! I simply cannot believe that Thanksgiving is rounding the bend with such astonishing speed but it is and so we dive head first into the HOLIDAY SEASON...

Would it be too much to ask for Santa to bring us a new car?

No comments: